The scope of Household Budget Survey 2007 includes:
- HOUSEHOLD: Household particulars, Housing particulars, Distance to socio-economic facilities, Household assets, Purchases of durable items and other services, Annual household income, Food security, Record of daily consumption expenditure, Records of daily income
- COMMUNITY: Observations, General population, Village/MTAA characteristics, Community improvements, ICT and others
Producers and sponsors
National Bureau of Statistics (NBS)
The sample was based on a revised national master sample that has been developed out of the 2002 Census information. For the 2007 HBS, the national master sample provided the primary sampling units (PSUs) for the national urban and rural sample. It was supplemented with additional PSUs to provide a regional sample for Dar es Salaam, so that the survey provides estimates for Dar es Salaam region, other urban areas and rural areas.
Primary sampling units were selected using probability proportional to size, with the number of household recorded in the Census preparatory estimates being the measures of size. A comprehensive household listing was undertaken in each of the sampled clusters. Information on a number of household durable assets was collected for each household during the household listing exercise. This information was used to stratify households within each cluster into high, middle and low income households. Separate proportional samples were then drawn from each of these categories. The sample selection was done in the head office and each regional supervisor was supplied with their respective list of pre-selected households.
Use of the dataset must be acknowledged using a citation which would include:
- the Identification of the Primary Investigator
- the title of the survey (including country, acronym and year of implementation)
- the survey reference number
- the source and date of download
National Bureau of Statistics. Tanzania Household Budget Survey (HBS) 2007. Ref. TZA_2007_HBS_v01_M. Dataset downloaded from http://microdata.worldbank.org on [date].
Disclaimer and copyrights
The user of the data acknowledges that the original collector of the data, the authorized distributor of the data, and the relevant funding agency bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.