Warning: these figures indicate the number of cases found in the data file. They cannot be interpreted as summary statistics of the population of interest.
You will complete question IM3 when respondents show you the vaccination card for the child:
· Copy the dates in the spaces provided for IM3 for each type of immunization dose recorded on the card or document.
· If the card shows only part of the date, record '98' for 'DK' in the column for which the information is not given. For example, if the date given was July 2008, you would record '98' for 'Day', '07' for 'Month', and '2008' for 'Year'.
· If the card shows that a vaccination was administered but the date is not specified, write '44' in the day column, and leave the month and year columns blank.
· However, if a date is given for a DPT vaccination and there is simply a check to show that a polio vaccine was also given, record the date of the DPT injection on the polio line since this probably indicates that the vaccinations were given on the same day.
· For any vaccine listed in the module, if there is no information on the vaccination card showing that the vaccine was administered, leave the rows for this vaccine blank.
Remember that vaccines may be listed on the card in a different order than the one that appears on the questionnaire. Be sure to check the card carefully because sometimes the month may be listed first, sometimes the day. Be careful to record the dates correctly.
Besides recording vaccination dates on the card, some health facilities may also record the dates (appointments) that children should be brought in for their next immunizations. Be very careful not to record a scheduled appointment date as a vaccination date. It is possible that an appointment date was given, but the child never received the vaccination. Only record dates that vaccinations were actually given, and not date of appointments. Be patient and read the card thoroughly. It is very important that you copy the information on administered vaccinations on the card to the questionnaire accurately.
After you have completed transferring the information from the card to the questionnaire, proceed with question IM4.