The Household Budget Survey (HBS) that State statistical Office is carrying out is used for gathering data about income, expenditures and household consumption. However, with this survey there is gathered other more important data for living standard such as housing conditions, the way of heating of the dwelling, the level of supplies with durable goods, minimal financial assets needed for ends meet.
The purpose of the Macedonia Household Budget Survey (HBS) is to gather data about the revenues, expenditures and consumption of the households. Except that, the Survey gathers data about certain important data of the living standards (housing conditions, heating of the apartment-house, supply with permanent consumption goods), as well as basic data about the demographic, economic and sociological characteristics of the households.
The gathered data, using the relevant methods, give the opportunity to realize the level and structure of the personal consumption in the households in general and especially by certain socio-economic categories. The distribution of the households in socio-economic categories enables to realize the existing differences in the level and structure of the personal consumption of the households as a significant material component of the living standards of the population.
Kind of Data
Sample survey data [ssd]
Unit of Analysis
Households and Individuals
The scope of the survey includes:
- general data about the household members;
- available funds by sources (monetary and value of in kind consumption);
- funds used by purpose of consumption (procurement in cash or with loan and value of the in kind consumption);
- quantity of personal consumption products consumed (procured quantities and quantities of own production);
- home and housing conditions;
- possession of permanent consumption goods.
Producers and sponsors
State Statistical Office of the Republic of Macedonia
Dates of Data Collection
Data Collection Mode
ECA Team for Statistical Development
The use of the datasets must be acknowledged using a citation which would include:
- the identification of the Primary Investigator (including country name)
- the full title of the survey and its acronym (when available), and the year(s) of implementation
- the survey reference number
- the source and date of download (for datasets disseminated online)
State Statistical Office of the Republic of Macedonia. Macedonia Household Budget Survey (HBS) 2005 Ref. MKD_2005_HBS_v01_M. Dataset downloaded from [URL] on [date].
Disclaimer and copyrights
The user of the data acknowledges that the original collector of the data, the authorized distributor of the data, and the relevant funding agency bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.