The 2008 Cambodia Socio-Economic Survey (CSES) is the seventh Cambodia Socio Economic Survey conducted by National Institute of Statistics.
Kind of Data
Sample survey data [ssd]
Unit of Analysis
The 2008 Cambodia Socio-Economic Survey covered the following topics:
- Basic Household Information
- Food Consumption during the Last 7 Days
- Education and Literacy
- Information on Migration
- Household Economic Activities
- Household Liabilities
- Household Income from Other Sources
- Construction Activities in the Past 12 Months
- Durable Goods
- Child Care
- Current Economic Activity
- Summary of Presence in the Household
- Household Expenditure and Consumption
- Household Income and Receipts
The Statistics Law Article 22 specifies matters of confidentiality. It explicitly says that all staff working with statistics within the Government of Cambodia "shall ensure confidentiality of all individual information obtained from respondents, except under special circumstances with the consent of the Minister of Planning. The information collected under this Law is to be used only for statistical purposes."
1. The data and other materials will not be redistributed or sold to other individuals, institutions, or organizations without the written agreement of the National Institute of Statistics.
2. The data will be used for statistical and scientific research purposes only. They will be used solely for reporting of aggregated information, and not for investigation of specific individuals or organizations.
3. No attempt will be made to re-identify respondents, and no use will be made of the identity of any person or establishment discovered inadvertently. Any such discovery would immediately be reported to the National Institute of Statistics.
4. No attempt will be made to produce links among datasets provided by the National Institute of Statistics, or among data from the National Institute of Statistics and other datasets that could identify individuals or organizations.
5. Any books, articles, conference papers, theses, dissertations, reports, or other publications that employ data obtained from the National Institute of Statistics will cite the source of data in accordance with the Citation Requirement provided with each dataset.
6. An electronic copy of all reports and publications based on the requested data will be sent to the National Institute of Statistics.
Use of the dataset must be acknowledged using a citation which would include:
- the Identification of the Primary Investigator
- the title of the survey (including acronym and year of implementation)
- the survey reference number
- the source and date of download
National Institute of Statistics (NIS). Cambodia Socio-Economic Survey 2008. Dataset downloaded from [website/source] on [date].
National Institute of Statistics
Disclaimer and copyrights
The user of the data acknowledges that the original collector of the data, the authorized distributor of the data, and the relevant funding agency bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.