The Bosnia and Herzegovina Household Budget Survey (HBS) collects data on household expenditure for food and beverages, housing, furniture, clothing and footwear, health, transportation, communication, recreation and leisure, culture and education. In addition, basic information about household members, dwelling characteristics, household income and investment and data on social inclusion of their members were collected.
Household Budget Survey in BiH is a statistical survey by which households surveyed compile data on expenditures for consumption, consumption from own production, household investment and income. At the same time, the survey also collects data on more important indicators of living standard (housing conditions, households supply with durable consumer goods, way of heating the apartment, travel, or annual breaks), as well as data on basic demographic, economic and social characteristics of households. Continuous conducting of the survey ensures the comparability of the obtained data in different time periods.
The collected data will provide an opportunity to calculate and perceive the level and structure of personal consumption of households as a whole and according to socio-economic characteristics. One of the specific objectives of the Household Budget Survey is to obtain the necessary data used to produce weightings for the calculation of the consumer price index. In addition, research should provide data that are used as inputs for measuring personal consumption of households and their investments in BiH, over a certain period of time, and which are components for calculating gross domestic product by expenditure approach.
Kind of Data
Sample survey data [ssd]
Unit of Analysis
Unit of Analysis
Producers and sponsors
Authoring entity/Primary investigators
Agency for Statistics of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Dates of Data Collection (YYYY/MM/DD)
Mode of data collection
Type of Research Instrument
The household consumption survey is conducted through the following forms:
1. Procurement logbook (APD /1) used by households to enter values and quantities of purchased foodstuffs, beverages and tobacco and the value of purchased other products and services;
2. Self-Consumption (APD /1A) diary in which households enter the quantities consumed / estimated and the estimated value of products that the household has produced only;
3. Final interview (APD /2) used to collect data on housing expenditures, supply of durable consumer goods and other non-food products, investment and income;
4. The Health and Social Inclusion Questionnaire (MS) is used to collect data on the health status of household members and various aspects of social life and inclusion.
Use of the dataset must be acknowledged using a citation which would include:
- the Identification of the Primary Investigator
- the title of the survey (including country, acronym and year of implementation)
- the survey reference number
- the source and date of download
Agency for Statistics of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Bosnia and Herzegovina Household Budget Survey (HBS) 2015, Ref. BIH_2015_HBS_v01_M. Dataset downloaded from [URL] on [date].
Disclaimer and copyrights
The user of the data acknowledges that the original collector of the data, the authorized distributor of the data, and the relevant funding agency bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.