Dataset used for Beck, Thorsten, Asli Demirguc-Kunt and Ross Levine, "Bank Concentration and Crises", Journal of Banking and Finance,2003.
Kind of Data
Aggregate data [agg]
The dataset includes indicators related to the following:
- Bank Market Structure concentration
- Regulatory restrictions (Entry applications denied, Activity restrictions, Banking freedom)
- Government ownership of banks
- Institutions (Economic freedom, KKZ index)
- Financial sector development (Private credit, Total value traded)
- Economic development (GDP)
Use of the dataset must be acknowledged using a citation which would include:
- the Identification of the Primary Investigator
- the title of the survey (including country, acronym and year of implementation)
- the survey reference number
- the source and date of download
Thorsten Beck, Asli Demirguc-Kunt and Ross Levine. Bank Concentration and Crises (BCC) 1980-1997. Ref. WLD_1997_BCC_v01_M. Dataset downloaded from http://microdata.worldbank.org on [date].
Disclaimer and copyrights
The user of the data acknowledges that the original collector of the data, the authorized distributor of the data, and the relevant funding agency bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.