The 1995 Population and Housing Census is the second Population and Housing Census conducted in Lao PDR by Department of Statistics in cooperation with every province and department. The first Population and Housing Census was conducted 1985.
The Census of Population and Housing 1995 highlights the main characteristics of the population in Lao PDR at the time of the Census.
Kind of Data
Census/enumeration data [cen]
Unit of Analysis
The 1995 Lao PDR Population and Housing Census covered the following topics:
- For all persons
- For persons aged 6 years and above
- For persons aged 10 years and above
- For women, aged 15 to 49 years
- Deaths in the household
- Total number of persons in the household
All people in Lao PDR including those who are living abroad for work or study.
Producers and sponsors
Department of Statistics (DoS)
Ministry of Planning and Investment
Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency
Dates of Data Collection
Data Collection Mode
Services Division, Department of Statistics
The Statistics Law of Lao PDR guarantees that identities of respondents are kept confidential.
Before being granted access to the dataset, all users have to formally agree:
1. To make no copies of any files or portions of files to which s/he is granted access except those authorized by the data depositor.
2. Not to use any technique in an attempt to learn the identity of any person, establishment, or sampling unit not identified on public use data files.
3. To hold in strictest confidence the identification of any establishment or individual that may be inadvertently revealed in any documents or discussion, or analysis. Such inadvertent identification revealed in her/his analysis will be immediately brought to the attention of the data depositor.
Authorization to use this data is granted to designated individuals in the concerned division of the Department of Statistics (DoS). Under no circumstances shall the authorized user reproduce, distribute, sell or lend the entire data or parts thereof to any other data user apart from himself or that of authorized employees in the DoS.