Household Expenditure and Consumption Survey 1994-1995
Household Budget Survey III
Income/Expenditure/Household Survey [hh/ies]
Kind of Data
Sample survey data [ssd]
Unit of Analysis
The 1994-1995 Lesotho Household Expenditure and Consumption Survey covered the following topics:
- Household Identifiers Particulars
- Household Composition and Demographic Characteristics
- Housing Characteristics
- Possession and Access to Facilities
- Source of Income
- Living and Environment Condition Index
Producers and sponsors
Bureau of Statistics
Multi-stage stratified random sample. Sample size is 4850 households.
There are 120 enumeration areas. 25 from Maseru urban, 15 from other urban and 80 rural. 425 housholds were covered each month for an estimated number of 5100. However, only 4850 records were captured. Expenditure was entered in diaries on a daily basis and were followed by frequent visits by the enumerators.
Use of the dataset must be acknowledged using a citation which would include:
- the Identification of the Primary Investigator
- the title of the survey (including country, acronym and year of implementation)
- the survey reference number
- the source and date of download
Lesotho Bureau of Statistics. Lesotho Household Expenditure and Consumption Survey 1994-1995. Ref. LSO_1994_HECS_v01_M. Dataset downloaded from [website/source] on [date].
Disclaimer and copyrights
The user of the data acknowledges that the original collector of the data, the authorized distributor of the data, and the relevant funding agency bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.