The first large-scale Labor Force Survey (LFS) was conducted in Tajikistan in 2004. The survey was carried out by the Statistical Agency under President of the Republic of Tajikistan with the support of the World Bank under the project "Strengthening of the national statistical system of the Republic of Tajikistan."
Persons 12-75 years old were interviewed in the sampled households. The survey examines economic activities of household members, their work time, location of the main job, availability of additional work, job search and economic inactivity. Respondents' demographic characteristics and production of goods or services in households are also covered by LFS. The Labor Force Survey allows researching of labor market, economical activity of population and unemployment according to the criteria of the International Labor Organization (ILO).
Kind of Data
Sample survey data [ssd]
Unit of Analysis
Members of sampled households 12-75 years old
The scope of the study includes:
- respondents' demographic characteristics,
- current employment,
- current unemployment,
- hours of work,
- income from paid employment,
- income from self-employment,
- employment in the informal sector,
- production of goods or services in a household.
Producers and sponsors
Statistical Agency under President of the Republic of Tajikistan
Dates of Data Collection
Data Collection Mode
The use of the datasets must be acknowledged using a citation which would include:
- the identification of the Primary Investigator (including country name),
- the full title of the survey and its acronym (when available), and the year(s) of implementation,
- the survey reference number,
- the source and date of download (for datasets disseminated online).
Statistical Agency under President of the Republic of Tajikistan. Tajikistan Labor Force Survey (LFS) 2004, Ref. TJK_2004_LFS_v01_M. Dataset downloaded from [URL] on [date].
Disclaimer and copyrights
The user of the data acknowledges that the original collector of the data, the authorized distributor of the data, and the relevant funding agency bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.