Main Objectives of the Census:
The comprehensive census is characterized with the following unique features compared to other statistical operations:
1. It providers comprehensive and detailed data on all population of the Kingdom, their demographic and socio-economic characteristics at the lowest administrative of geographic level.
2. It provides the necessary data for evaluating the population status in the Kingdom during period separating the two census, in addition to monitoring the demographic and socio-economic variations occurred on the population during that period for all administrative regions from the locality level till the governorate level.
3. It provides the possibility of limiting the size, distribution and characteristics of non-Jordanians in the Kingdom including the expatriate labour force at a high level of accuracy instead of depending upon estimations and expectations, in addition to identifying the size of Jordanians abroad where certain specifications apply to them.
4. It provides data on available housing units, their utilities, characteristics and living conditions related situation. It also provides the essential basic data for formulating a clear housing policy.
5. It provides a comprehensive and updated frame for the buildings, housing units households and enterprises according to various localities and administrative divisions. This frame is fundamental in the process of designing and drawing of samples for carrying out various future surveys.
6. It provides a data base for each household that can be linked to available maps through the geographic information system (GIS) these data could be linked to other available services information such as schools, health centers, roads, universities, civil defense centers, police stations … etc. It is also possible to identify the household and individuals, addresses quickly through use of the computer and this system.
The data collected in the census directly serve data users in the public and private sectors at various levels. This helps in sound planning and decision taking based on accurate information.
Kind of Data
Census/enumeration data [cen]
The scope of Jordan 2004 PHC includes:
- Economic activities
- Education status
- Housing conditions